Win 2 x iPhone 7s
Competition Ts & Cs
18th of July 2017
These terms and conditions should be read in conjunction with Schedule 1 - Competition Particulars. Where Schedule 1 is referenced, the relevant word is capitalised and in Bold Text.
- Information on how to enter form part of the terms and conditions of entry. Entry into this competition is deemed to be acceptance of these conditions.
- The REFERRAL Competition ("Competition") is open to legal residents of Australia or New Zealand, who have reached 18 years of age as of the beginning of the Competition Period, and who are not:
a. an employee of; or
b. domiciled with an employee of; or
c. an immediate family member of an employee of; the Promoter or its affiliated companies, their advertising and promotional agencies.
- No purchase is necessary. The Competition is subject in all instances to compliance with applicable law.
- The Competition Period runs from Competition Commencement Date to the Competition End Date.
- The Competition is running across the following Signup Location(s).
- Entrants who receive a Kogan, Tandy or Dick Smith Australia and New Zealand email invitation are herein referred to as the ('Initial Entrant'). The Initial Entrant, having received the email invitation, must ensure he/she complete all mandatory fields of the entry form, and submit the form as instructed before the Competition End Date. Upon successful submission of the entry form, he/she will receive a unique link that must be sent to a friend. The friend invited by the Initial Entrant is herein referred to as the ('Invited Friend').
- The Invited Friend, having received the invitation to join the Initial Entrant in the Competition, must ensure he/she fully complete all mandatory fields of the entry form and submit as instructed before the Competition End Date.
- As a condition of entry, all entrants must opt in to receive email promotions/marketing material from Kogan, Tandy or Dick Smith Australia and New Zealand in order to go into the draw to win two iPhone 7s.
- To earn one (1) entry in the Competition, the Initial Entrant and the Invited Friend (collectively referred to as a 'Team') must have completed all of the mandatory fields of their entry form and submitted them prior to the Competition End Date. Only one entry is valid and permitted per Team.
- Upon successful registration as a Team, the Invited Friend will then receive their own unique link giving them the opportunity send this to a different friend and form a new Team.
- In each scenario, the Initial Entrant and his/her Invited Friend will only be allowed to team up once. Any attempt or suspected attempt to team up more than once with the same person by using multiple email addresses or pen names, or any use of robotic, automatic, programmed or any entry methods not authorized by these rules, shall be deemed as tampering and will void all Entries.
- All Entries that are incomplete, illegible, damaged, contain an erroneous phone and/or email address or do not conform to or satisfy any condition of the rules may be disqualified by the Promoter.
- Following the conclusion of the Competition, Kogan will select at random one Team entry as the winner. The draw will take place at the Draw Time and Date at the Draw Location. The Initial Entrant and the Invited Friend will be notified by email (to the email address registered with the Promoter) on the same date. The winners must claim their prize by responding via email by Monday 28th August, 2017.
- The Promoter will publish the results and the winning Team's names' at the Winners Publish Date on Winners Publish Location.
- The Promoter's decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- In the event of the prize being unclaimed by Monday 28th August, 2017, further draw(s) will take place to determine replacement winners. The draw will take place at Secondary Judging Time and Date at the Draw Location. The replacement winners will be notified by email on the same day. The winners must claim their prize by responding via email by Wednesday 6th September, 2017.
- The prize is comprised of the Prize Pool Description for the winning Initial Entrant and Invited Friends. Total prize pool valued at Prize Pool Value.
- The prizes must be accepted as awarded and are not transferable or otherwise redeemable for cash. The odds of winning the prize depend on the number of eligible entries received. Upon acceptance of the prize, the prize winners agree to provide reasonable cooperation to allow Kogan to use their name and/or likeness for advertising and publicity purposes in connection with this Competition including but not limited to publication of their name and photograph on the Kogan, Tandy or Dick Smith Australia, New Zealand website.
- This Competition may be promoted through third party websites, like Facebook. Entrants must at all times comply with the terms of service for those third party websites when using them to participate in this Competition. This Competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, those third party websites.
- Members of the Promoter who provide incorrect or fraudulent information are ineligible to participate in the promotion. The Promoter reserves the right to request at its sole discretion, appropriate photo identification or other documentation in order to confirm the members' eligibility to enter and claim a prize, before issuing a prize. If the documentation required by the Promoter is not received by the Promoter or its nominated agent, or the identity of the member has not been verified or validated to the Promoter's satisfaction, then that member will be deemed invalid.
- Any costs associated with accessing the promotional website are the entrant's responsibility and are dependent on the Internet service provider used. Any contact details entered incorrectly on the website shall be deemed invalid.
- The Promoter is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, or any combination thereof, or any other technical failures, including but not limited to any injury or damage to participants' or any other person's computer related to or resulting from participation in or down-loading any materials in this Competition. If for any reason this Competition is not capable of running as planned (including but not limited to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes beyond the control of the Promoter, which corrupt or affect the administration security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Competition, the Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel, postpone, or amend this Competition.
- The Promoter as well as its associated agencies and companies are not liable for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect or consequential loss), damage, personal injury or death which is suffered or sustained (including but not limited to that arising from any person's negligence) in connection with the prize or use of the prize. This excludes any liability that cannot be excluded by law (in which case that liability is limited to the minimum allowable by law).
- If any of the provisions of these terms and conditions are held to be invalid or unenforceable in whole or in part that part shall be severed from the remainder of the provisions and the validity of the other provisions and the remainder of the provision in question shall not be affected.
- The Promoter collects entrants' personal information in order to conduct the promotion. If the information requested is not provided, the entrant may not participate in the promotion. By entering the promotion, unless otherwise advised, each entrant also agrees that the Promoter may use this information and approved images (photograph and/or film recording), or disclose it to other organizations that may use it, in any media for future promotional, marketing and publicity purposes without any further reference, payment or other compensation to the entrant.
- These terms and conditions shall be governed by the laws of Australia and any dispute shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Australian courts.
- The promoter is the Promoter.
Schedule 1 - Competition Particulars
Promoter: Kogan Australia Pty Ltd Level 1, 136 Buckhurst St, South Melbourne VIC 3205, ABN 53 152 570 351
Competition Name: "Win 2 x iPhone 7s"
Signup Location(s): As directed in various emails sent by Kogan Australia
Competition Commencement Date: Tuesday 18th July 2017 at 09:00 (AEST)
Competition End Date: Friday 28th July 2017 at 20:00 (AEST)
Draw Time and Date: Monday 31st July 2017 at 13:00 (AEST)
Draw Location: Kogan Australia Ltd, Level 1, 136 Buckhurst St, South Melbourne VIC 3205
Winners Publish Date: Wednesday 2nd August 2017 at 09:00 (AEST)
Secondary Judging Time and Date: Wednesday 30th August 2017 at 13:00 (AEST)
Prize Pool Value: Apple iPhone 7s (128GB, Black) valued at $999. Total prize pool value is $1,998 (Value assessed on 28th June 2017)
Prize Pool Description: Prize is comprised of 2 x Apple iPhone 7s (128GB, Black) valued at $999 per unit. (As assessed by the supplier)
NSW Permit No. LTPS/17/15491