Added to Cart
More deals you may like
Robobloq Q-Scout (RB-10110002)
Build and control your own intelligent robot through easily understandable drag-and-drop coding.
- Suitable for ages 8+
- Easy drag-and-drop coding
- Transformable, modular design
- Wireless control via Bluetooth on Roboblog App
- Based on Arduino coding platform
- Programmable on Windows 7+, Mac 10.9+, iOS 8+ and Android 4.4+
Easy to build and play with, the Robobloq Q-Scout is the perfect entry point into the robotics and maker world and a valuable tool for the STEAM learning approach. Its adorable modular design is compatible with multiple electronic modules and sensors, and can be built in under 30 minutes.
Once assembled, kids will have a ball learning coding through the drag-and-drop programming interface. There are heaps of different modes to explore – Obstacle-avoiding, Voice Command, Remote Control and more. Command your Q-Scout to do whatever you want, whether it’s circling the dining room table, making a noise or following a path you draw in the Roboblog App.
The STEAM approach to learning
Success in the 21st century means learning how to think, not what to think. STEAM is an interdisciplinary approach to education that focuses on Science, Technology, Engineering, the Arts and Mathematics. It aims to promote ingenuity, inquiry and critical thinking.
STEAM encourages kids to:
Question like a scientist
Design like a technologist
Build like an engineer
Create like an artist
Deduce like a mathematician
The STEAM approach recognises that the children of today are the educators, innovators, programmers and leaders of tomorrow and seeks to equip them with the skills and knowledge they need to get ahead.
Benefits of STEAM learning for kids include:
- Learning persistence and problem solving
- Enhanced cognitive development
- Learning increasingly relevant skills such as coding
- Encouraging broader thinking through a multi-topic focus
- Hands-on, immersive learning to empower all kids regardless of socio-economic background or gender
- Answers all those annoying ‘Why?’ questions you don’t know the answer to!
- Finally understanding the workings of the technology around them
Benefits of STEAM learning for adults include:
- All of the above!
This Product is offered and supplied by Dick Smith pursuant to the Terms and Conditions.