Collection of information
- In using dicksmith.co.nz you authorise us to collect, retain and use your personal information for the purposes of:
- processing your registration application;
- assessing your credit-worthiness;
- undertaking any dealings or transactions with you;
- processing and delivery of your order(s)
- enforcing any legal or other rights we may have against you in any manner that we see fit; and
- sending you any advertising or promotional material.
- We may transfer your personal information to others in countries outside New Zealand. We will only do this within the scope of clause 1.
- To access your personal information, login to your registered account or contact us.
Our respect for our customers' right to privacy of their personal information is paramount. We have policies and procedures to ensure that all personal information, no matter how or where it is obtained, is handled sensitively, securely, and in accordance with the Privacy Act 1993.
What personal information do we collect and store?So that we can provide services to you, we may ask for personal details such as your name, address, telephone number or e-mail address. Some examples of where we may need these details are pre-orders, home deliveries, competitions & promotions and when you opt-in to receiving marketing newsletters from us.
Privacy law requires us to collect personal information about you only from you if it is reasonable and practical to do so.
Collection from other sourcesIn using dicksmith.co.nz you also authorise us to collect personal information about you from any other source available to us including but not limited to credit referral agencies, your bank (present and past), any other suppliers of products and services to you and other persons or companies with whom you have been associated.
Right to refuse applicationIf sufficient personal information is not supplied, or is not satisfactory to us, then we reserve the right to refuse to accept the person's application to register to use the Dick Smith site.
Information retained by Dick SmithAny personal information you supply may be retained by us until such time as you request that the information be removed.
DisclosureAny personal information supplied by you and retained by us may be disclosed to other persons or body corporates engaged by us for or in relation to any of the purposes listed in the "Collection of information" paragraph above, including but not limited to:
- our employees;
- research and/or marketing firms;
- credit referral agencies; and
- business advisors.
We may also disclose aggregated shopper statistics to any party, provided that these statistics do not contain any information about identifiable customers and their individual shopping habits.
Storage of personal informationWe have taken many steps, from both technical and systems perspectives, to ensure that your information is well protected. However it is important that you remember to never share your login details with any other person.
While we endeavour to keep your personal information collected secure and confidential, we shall not be responsible for any breach of security caused by third parties, nor do we represent that dicksmith.co.nz is completely secure.